Investing for tomorrow’s success
In the 12 months since our inaugural forum in 2016, we have seen momentum swell behind green finance and an even greater need for urgent action on sustainability.
It has also been extremely pleasing from our position here in Asia Pacific to see the emergence of China as a leader on the subject of green finance. This year our Sustainable Future Forum examined how china is factoring sustainability into its future development plans.
At BNP Paribas we are pleased to play role in the Green Finance Taskforce and to contribute our expertise. We recognise that we can work alongside policymakers to create opportunities for business throughout Asia Pacific that effect development at all levels of society. As a bank, we have an important role to play in the transition to a more sustainable future and in realising these opportunities alongside our clients, as well as the communities in which we operate.
In 2017, we hosted our Sustainable Future Forum in Paris and Singapore, bringing together corporates, investors and financial institutions on both sides of the globe to debate the challenges, opportunities and commercial solutions arising from the US$5 to $7 trillion needed annually to achieve sustainable global growth.
We are delighted that UN Environment Executive Director Erik Solheim delivered a keynote address to our Singapore event, with a full day agenda featuring industry leaders from across the private and public sectors on sustainable business opportunities and solutions.
Speakers come from companies and organisations including, but not limited to:
In a fast-evolving context, the BNP Paribas Sustainable Future Forum provided attendees with up-to-date insights from acclaimed thought-leaders, as well as the opportunity to discover innovations that are changing the corporate landscape. The Forum showcased how our clients – from corporates to institutions to every day consumers – must adapt to create, and operate successfully in, a more sustainable world.
Please see highlights from this year’s forum below.
Your browser doesn’t allow IFrame integration
It explored the following themes:
- AGENDA 2030 AND THE SUSTAINABILITY DEVELOPMENT GOALS – Are we on track
- ESG – Sustainability & governance in the boardroom; Green China & fiduciary duty; Solving the black hole; ESG performance data
- IMPACT INVESTING – Investing for impact in Asia – Myths and Realities
- SUSTAINABLE FINANCE – What are the implications for investment in Asia Pacific
- GREEN FINANCE – Opportunities and challenges in linking capital markets to sustained economic growth
- CORPORATE PURPOSE – Does sustainability drive profitability
- ENERGY TRANSITION – Driving sustainable economic growth while de-risking existing capacity
- GENDER – Creating business success through gender equality
As empowering women and promoting gender equality is crucial to accelerating sustainable development, the BNP Paribas Sustainable Future Forum was held in conjunction with the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore tennis tournament, the world’s premier women’s sporting event.
For further information, please contact us.